Julia's Reviews > Legend

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, dystopia
Read from March 13 to 16, 2012

I LOVED this book!

June is born into the Republic and is a prodigy, scoring 1500 out of 1500 on her trial that decides her worth for the rest of her life. Day is a wanted criminal who can't seem to be caught and who is living on the streets with Tess, his young protegee. When June is assigned to track down Day, her investigations lead her to secrets of the system that she is a part of and what it is hiding from the people it commands.

This was a great, quick read! I loved the characters and although it felt like they could have had more depth to them, I still became attached to them very quickly and found myself wanting to know more about them. The story was also somewhat shorter than I think it could have been, and sometimes I felt like I was being rushed through the story line. That being said, it kept me on my toes and in constant action. I'm very excited for the next book and to see what happens between the Republic and the Patriots!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.

Quotes Julia Liked

Marie Lu
“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time. -Day”
Marie Lu, Legend

Marie Lu
“June has never looked more beautiful than she does now, unadorned and honest, vulnerable yet invincible.”
Marie Lu, Legend