Lindsay Paige's Reviews > Redheart

Redheart by Jackie Gamber

Jun 23, 11

Read from June 20 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Interest: Dragons!
Title Thoughts: It totally fits.
Cover Thoughts: I like the heart in the background with the dragon in front sort of guarding it. Then there's the girl who's holding the necklace. While the cover doesn't overall appeal to me, I do like it and how it goes with the book.
WARNINGS: None.

This book was slow moving for me. Not that I had to force myself to read it, but I really had to concentrate and stay focused. I did like the story and its characters. They each have something specific that happened in the past that led them to the place they are at now.

Kallon has been sulking in his cave since he was but a baby dragon and he lost his parents. Thanks to a human girl and chance, he is sent on an adventure of love, secrets, and good versus evil. He has to overcome his past for the greater good or sulk and cause a dominio effect of evil.

Gamber's writing was descriptive and did its job well. This story has good writing, a good story with great, mildly complex characters, and an adventure of good vs evil.

Addict's Last Words: Redheart is a story about dragons but with an inner story of overcoming the hardships of your past.

To Buy or To Borrow: This is a toss up for me. I liked it but it wasn't with my favorites.

Disclosure: A copy of this book was provided for me by the publisher. No payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was not any obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed here are entirely mine and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist, or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redheart.

06/20/2011 "woohoo! another dragon book. Hope this is a good as the last dragon book I read!"
show 2 hidden updates…