Paul Gordon's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Mar 04, 08

Read in March, 2008

I was very happy to finally read Pride & Prejudice. I usually steer clear of the classics, prefering modern tales, but the story, romance and writing was fantastic. I love the sarcasm and humor, especially that revolves around Elizabeth Bennet's character. And it was fascinating to get a glimpse of the "roles of women" (I put this in quotes because obviously these were roles for upper class women, while other groups of women have always worked outside the home) that these characters had to deal with.
Can't wait to watch all the movie versions!

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Have you seen the movie Jane Austin Book Club? I thought it was a fun movie, except I hated the ending.

Paul Gordon Genessa and I just watched it last weekend and both really enjoyed it. The ending where they all reunite was a bit cheesy, but otherwise it was a lot of fun. (Even if it wasn't really filmed in Sacramento). It was my inspiration for picking up Pride & Prejudice since I have never read a Jane Austen book before. I'm quite enjoying it.

Lizzie See the Colin Firth version first! It is by far my favorite and light years better than the movie version with Kira Knightly.

You will die over how good Colin is at Darcy and esp how well Jennifer Ehle portrays Elizabeth.

SO glad you read this book. It is one of my absolute favs!!!