Veronica's Reviews > The Chronicles of Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Apr 22, 2011

bookshelves: all-time-favorites

Who must a person be, to create a world where children, adults and aged people can live in? When I finished reading these series, I realized I might as well keep the books always at hand on my shelf, because I would reach out and read them constantly throughout the rest of my life.
And I guess that the best thing these books have taught me is that it's so easy to outgrow faith like you outgrow clothes once you leave your childhood behind. These stories, more than anything, encouraged me to keep resizing that cloak of faith so that it fits until I stop growing and begin to shrink once more, and even then so that my faith keeps on growing forever! Like I heard someone say once, Narnia showed me that it's okay to leave childhood behind, but that we must never forget it. And for those who had a difficult childhood, like the Pevensie children in the middle of a World War, that there is always the loving watch of Someone who cares more than enough to show us a beautiful reality where the possibilities are endless; where freedom, love, and courage are just another way to live every single day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chronicles of Narnia.