Katie's Reviews > Any Man of Mine

Any Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson

Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: alpha-type-hero, second-chance, sporty-hero, ultra-rich-hero
Read on April 29, 2011

Any Man of Mine falls into line with all Rachel Gibson's others in the adorable Chinook Hockey series. I liked it a lot.

After a crazy drunk week in Vegas Autumn ends up married, pregnant, and dumped by Chinook Hockey Star Sam LeClaire. 5 years later Sam and Autumn have a mutual hate-dislike relationship and realize that though they have a son together it's best that they are never in the same room with one another. This all changes when Sam starts to realize he has not been the kind of father his son Conner deserves so he tries harder to be the dad he should have been all along. All the while Sam is hyper aware of Autumn and the serious attraction he had for her in Vegas all those years ago is stirring him up again.

The one thing I need in any book is likable characters. And Any Man of Mine without question has a great heroine and a hero who kind of starts out as an ass, but grows into a guy any woman would want. Autumn impressed me with not only her kindness but her resistance to the overpowering Sam LeClaire. Sam was a party animal womanizer who grew throughout the book to become a stand up guy. I love that about Rachel Gibson. She puts her characters together like a puzzle so we can grow to know, respect and eventually love them.

The ONLY gripe I have about Any Man of Mine was I felt it was a bit short. It was 360some pages but the print was large and I wanted a little more page time with Sam and Autumn.

Overall Rachel Gibson is always an autobuy for me and I will continue to eat her books up as soon as they come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Any Man of Mine.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie I'm liking this so far very much. My only gripe is it's pretty short. I could've finished it in one night but decided to prolong it into two.

Katie It's 360 and some odd pages but the print is pretty large. I just wrote a review on it. I really liked it. Very cute.