Carly's Reviews > Abigail's New Hope

Abigail's New Hope by Mary  Ellis

Apr 22, 2011

Read on April 22, 2011

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I did not like reading fiction. But, there was a Christian novel that just sounded too go to pass up, so I read it, and loved it. That got me looking at other Christian novels, and before long, I was hooked. There was one genre that I tried to get into, but I just didn’t like - Amish fiction. But, I kept hearing about all these wonderful Amish stories, so I forced myself to read them. Most, I didn’t like, but some I did. The ones I did like kept me reading more of them. I have gotten to the point where I am becoming more and more fond of Amish fiction. I don’t like all of it, but there is more I like these day than I don’t like. I am very thankful that I didn’t give up on Amish books because I would have missed out on a lot of great books. I certainly would have missed out on Abigail’s New Hope, and that would have been quite sad indeed.

Abigail’s New Hope started in a way that I loved, and I knew this would be a book I was going to enjoy. The peace and beauty of an Amish farm is one of the things that draws readers to this particular genre and Mary gave a beautiful description of Abigail’s and Daniel’s farm as the sun began to set. I could feel the tranquility in the words and I could hear the sounds as if I was standing right there. When a book stirs my senses like that on the first couple of pages, I know I am going to have a wonderful reading experience.

From the strong start to the satisfying ending, Abigail’s New Hope did not disappoint me at all. Every aspect of this book was perfect in my eyes. I loved the characters, the story, the setting, and above all, the writing. Mary Ellis is an author who I have never read before, but I will never hesitate to pick up one her books in the future. I am so glad that I have been letting go of my aversion to Amish fiction because I would not have wanted to miss this book. I highly recommend this wonderful story that is going on my favorites list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abigail's New Hope.

08/02/2016 marked as: read