Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Ten Beach Road

Ten Beach Road by Wendy  Wax

Apr 22, 11

Read in April, 2011

Three women. One house. Lots of money down the drain. What's a girl--or three--to do? Renovate!!!

This is a delightful read. The characters are vivid and feel like they could be my friends. The writing flows well and grabbed my attention right away. I read this book in one sitting and with over four hundred pages, that's quite an undertaking. As soon as I started the tale, I had to know what would happen next. Ms. Wax kept me guessing throughout. Every time I thought one thing would happen, the book took a different course I didn't expect but loved. This book, while cute, is complex as well. There are a couple interwoven storylines that are both gutwrenching and sweet. Really, it's a must read.

There's quite a bit of character in this book as well as a lot of characters. Nikki is the princess, but she was relatable. I could see why she acted the way she did and even when I wasn't terribly fond of her, I still respected her. Avery was a tough nut to crack. I enjoyed reading about her, but there were moments I wanted her to just come out and say what she felt. Then again, her reluctance was what really made her believeable. Then there's Maddie. Of the three, she was my favorite and the one I wanted to smack. I got the most emotionally involved with her portion of the story. I loved her strength. Give the woman kudos for finding and displaying her backbone. I also really got into the emotional play between her and Steve as well as her and Kyra. I could totally see myself in her shoes and reacting in the same manner. Oh, and give her additional props for doing all that window glazing...tought stuff she handled with grace.

If you want a great beach read, this book should do the trick. It's got warm and fuzzy moments, moments to make you laugh, and moments of introspection. All in all a great read.

originally posted at http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Beach Road.

05/01 marked as: read