Joy's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Trista Ann Michaels

2711937
Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, erotic-fiction, paranormal-romance, contemporary-romance, romantic-suspense
Read from April 22 to 24, 2011

Bravo! It's amazing how some authors are able to combine something creepy, hot and sexy, mild bdsm, and a good story all in one, without sacrificing the overall content, Trista Ann Michaels is definitely one of those authors.

First up, the paranormal angle - Kathryn seeing ghosts hooked me in, I've always been a fan of those, it reminded me of "The Sixth Sense". Then there are Brian and Nick - two hot men all over Kathryn, taking care of her and looking out for her. I liked how smooth the story progressed, it never dragged, I felt like I was watching something out of a police drama.

The mystery was good, although after reading a lot of suspenseful mysteries, I was already able to pinpoint the culprit - but still, good work! Another good point that worked for me is the timing of the sex scenes, they're pretty steamy, no mind games involved, just plain pure fun. They made love to comfort each other, to distract each other from things, and sometimes just because they want to.

Unlike in her novel "Their One and Only", the killer has his motives, but the one here is just plain sick. In this novel, Ms Michaels underscored the point that this type of psychos exist, and she just moved up another notch in my esteem. I'll definitely read more of her works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.