Sarah's Reviews > My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands

My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler

Apr 22, 11

Read in April, 2011

My Horizontal Life is the first memoir by late-night talk show host and stand-up comedian Chelsea Handler.

This memoir details Chelsea's sex-life and sexual escapades over the years in a series of quirky and jaw-dropping short stories. From talking about her obsession with the black man's penis and numerous one-night stands to skid-mark accidents in her panties, Chelsea's book falls in a class of its own.

My Horizontal Life reminds me a lot of Jenny McCarthy's memoirs. I really enjoyed this book because Chelsea's guts to share her stories with the world are admirable. Although I've had my own mortifying experiences with men and one-night stands, I'd never share them publicly as Chelsea does.

This book is perfect for women who love to have dirty girl-talk with their friends or for readers who are simply curious and enjoy reading about sex. I wouldn't recommend My Horizontal Life to just any woman or audience in general because the content may offend those prudish "virgin ears" out there. If you're even remotely interested, Amazon.com has quite a few negative and colorful reviews from these pure and virginal people in question. Despite what the general public thinks, I loved the book, found it severely honest and hilarious, and read it in one sitting. I am truly looking forward to reading Chelsea Handler's other books.

Other books by Chelsea Handler include Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (2008) and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (2010). Her newest book is Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me, due to release in May 2011.

Visit http://dreamworldbooks.com for more book reviews.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Horizontal Life.