Laura's Reviews > Chocolate Wishes

Chocolate Wishes by Trisha Ashley

Apr 21, 2011

Chocolate Wishes is a wonderfully warm book that has an addictive plot and very likeable characters.

Chloe lives with her grandfather and half-brother in the village of Sticklepond. Happy with her job as a chocolate maker, her life is suddenly turned upside down when the new Vicar arrives in the village. Finding out the new arrival is her ex boyfriend, Raffy, who she believed abandoned her for a music career, isn't the best news especially as she has unresolved feelings about her relationship. However, she finds that things aren't always what they seem.

I instantly fell into this story. It has a warm plot and it moves along gently but at a good pace that kept my attention to the point where I struggled to put the book down. Aside from making me crave chocolate (which isn't good for someone who is trying to watch her weight and needs no excuse to consume chocolate,) there is a funny, wonderful, charming feel throughout this story. I liked Chloe and Raffy and wanted to believe that they would sort things out by the end. There was also a nice balance of sub-plots involving other people in the village. I'm not saying any more as I don't want to give too much away. I recommend this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Wishes.