Nancy's Reviews > The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives

The Best Advice I Ever Got by Katie Couric

May 07, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from April 21 to May 05, 2011

I bought this book to give to a college graduate, so I didn't finish it before I gave it to her. But I read enough to think it is a good book. Each chapter starts with a short intro from Katie Couric, then it is a 1 to 3 page tidbit from a famous person. They are usually well thought out tips to being a good human being, surprising how many said the same thing in different ways. Take a chance, listen to others, go after your passion, be honest, etc.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Advice I Ever Got.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Interested to hear what you think of this one.

Nancy I got a big email discount from Barnes & Noble on it, and I heard her push it on TV, so I bought it, thinking it would make a good graduation present. I have not read too much yet, but I like it. Very short sections, divided into categories.

message 3: by Ardee (new)

Ardee Hmmm. Do you think this would be a good book club discussion book? or , just a good read? I love Katie Couric.

Happy Passover!
:-)
Ardee

Nancy I don't think it is a good discussion book, there is nothing controversial in it, just good ideas. But I will let you know when I read more if I change my mind on that. I still think it will make it a good graduation gift.

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Thanks for the idea. This might be just the thing to send to a niece who is just out of high school last year and is struggling with the decision she has to make now.