Ni_kii's Reviews > Unlawful Contact

Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare

Again, another winner for me in this series. It had a very different feel from the previous two, but I found this one more compelling than the last two. Plus Julian appears again...I think I may have an unhealthy obsession with Julian :D

Sophie is a girl who never got over her first love. Hunt had taken her virginity during high school, under a blanket of stars, and inadvertantly also taken her heart. When the boy that her Grandmother warned her about, leaves to join the army, Sophie is left with her memories and an empty hole that no man can fill. Little does she know, when she goes to interview the convicted killer brother of a girl who has disappeared, that Hunts life has taken a serious turn for the worse. Marc Hunter is a man in a difficult position. An Ex-DA, he has had to become hard to survive 6 years in a maximum security prison. When he hears his little sister has gone missing, he calls the only person who he knows he will come, the journalist that has been investigating her life, Sophie. Taking her hostage to escape from prison, Hunt's reunion with his precious Sophie couldn't really go worse. As bad as he is, once she figures out who he is, Sophie finds herself unable to feel in danger. When the sparks start to fly they both try very hard to not sucuum. When Sophie unearths some very rotten apples in the Department of Corrections, whilst trying to search for Marcs sister, her life and repuation are threatened in the worse way. With no happy ending in sight, they sucuum to their previous attraction and sparks certainly do fly!

Although Julian is my favourite character, this is my favourite book. I loved the chemistry between them, the thoughts of a first love that can last forever and the thought that someone would literally do anything for the ones they loved. Hunt is a product of his upbringing, but Sophie sees the possibilities in him that others have dismissed. I loved that she believed in him, even when he didn't believe in himself. I had no idea how this book would end and I literally could not put it down!! My heart broke for his sister...one thing I do love about these books is that Pamela Clare doesn't shy away from the tough subjects, but she does like showing what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unlawful Contact.