Zainab Abbas's Reviews > Jinx

Jinx by Meg Cabot

Apr 21, 11

I ah-dored this book. If this book were dessert, it would be cream brûlée. The storyline was unbelievable - which is exactly why it was so much fun! - and had me GLUED to the book. A very fun, single-sitting read. Perfect if you're one of those people who's looking for a very beachy-type read.

Like every YA book, there's girl jealousy and drama. Except for one major twist, the story is pretty much...GUESSABLE[for the lack of a better word]. I love the way Meg writes - she has perfected the art o sounding like a teen - but in this book, I think, she kind-of over did it.

Jean Honeychurch - Jinx - is an uh-mayzing-ly fun character, yet she is believable. She is a typical teen, and like every typical teen has an uber-hot crush. Zack Rosen, was a little, too, movie-ish [again, for the lack of a better word]for my taste.
Jean has had bad-luck EVERYWHERE. But when her bad luck - mistake - leads to a little stalker problem, she leaves her small town of Hancock, Iowa, to head to the greatest city in the world - New York.
There, she discovers her cousin - the super-sweet Tory - or Torrence as she calls herself now - has changed. A LOT.
Tory claims to be a witch. And she says Jean is one too.

This book is the perfect small-town-girl-moves-to-big-city adventure story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jinx.