Darkfallen's Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: read-n-reviewed
Read from March 09 to 11, 2012

So it's taken me a while to finally pick up this series. Over a year of all my bloggin besties telling me that I needed to get my hands on it...and now I have.

First we meet Beth. She's a field reporter for a small local newspaper, living in a small apartment, no man in her life unless you count her cat, and as far as she knows she's just a normal girl in her mid twenties. That is until this scary, totally HOT, guy in leather walks into her apartment. Equal parts terrified, intrigues, and turned on she doesn't know who or what to believe, but it doesn't take long for her to choose between the life she knows and the one he lives in.

Overall I enjoyed this book. I love the vampires and the lore surrounding them. I found Wrath to be terrifyingly HOT just like Beth does and that seemed to suck me into the story even more. I definitely wouldn't mind spending a few nights with one of the brothers from the brotherhood, but I would never want to be on their bad side. *winks* I will say there was one thing that really bothered me about these boys...Ok, they are huge, covered in scars and tatts, and wrapped in black leather which leads me to think of your typical bad boy/biker right? But then they are listening to rap music?! Hanging out in a club called Screamers where the clientele also dresses in black leather and yet the club is bumping JayZ?! I'm sorry but this was creating a mental oxymoron visual for me. I would expect them to listen to hard core heavy metal or something. Lol Yes, yes I know that I'm being nit picky but every time they mentioned the music I was thrown off for a second trying to picture these resident bad boys in leather rapping to Biggie. All of a sudden I'm picturing the boys in hooded sweatshirts, baggey jeans, and Timberlands. It just kept throwing me off.

Still I enjoyed the story and can't wait to read the next one, even thought I have to say...IAD wins the battle here ;)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.

03/09/2012
7.0% "Ok so chapter two, I'm still confused about this world, and Darius is already dead? Really? I just met him. What was the point of even having him in the story? Ok this needs to get clearer real soon" 7 comments

Greta is Erikasbuddy hahaha! chip and dale vampy poos here you come!!

Darkfallen Seriously?! Lol

Dude I'm just getting to chapter two and I'm mondo confused already. Lol

Greta is Erikasbuddy Those names are fun, aye?

This is the reason I read IAD :)

Darkfallen The names kinda crack me up. Lol But they are using some weird vampy words here and there that I don't know what they mean and they aren't telling me so I'm lost.

Maria oh boy the choice of music made even more the things hard core you get what i mean!? ;-)

Darkfallen It kept throwing me off. One minute I'm picturing biker looking men an the next I'm picturing rap gangsters with glock nines. Lol

Maria hahahaha i was imagine them most times at the gym not really as a bikers or something lol !