Austin James's Reviews > Christine

Christine by Stephen King

Apr 21, 11

bookshelves: horror
Read in April, 2011

I was skeptical about this book because I'm not interested in cars... I don't know how to drive, I'm not interested in car mechanics, and a book about a "killer" car didn't sound like a great plot.

But that was before. Now, I'm glad I read the book. I really liked it. It's not just about a car... it's about youth, the freedom that comes with growing up (symbolized by getting your first car), and the trouble that comes with growing up... it's also a damn good story.

I didn't find this to be as scary as other King novels because a possessed car is a bit of a supernatural leap for me... But I still enjoyed it. It's a wonderfully told tale.

And it's told in a bit of a different way... the first part of the book is told in first person perspective... the middle part of the book is then in third person, switching between characters... and the book ends by returning to first person perspective... and I enjoyed this shift. It added to the story.

This is just another great King book out there (coming from someone who enjoys his books).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christine.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (new)

Shay West This was one of my favorite Kind novels!! :)