Loni Flowers's Reviews > Unsavory Delicacies

Unsavory Delicacies by Russell Brooks

Apr 21, 11

Read in April, 2011

Unsavory Delicacies are 3 short stories that are full of action and suspense. The first story titled “Crème Brûlée” and the third one “Shashlyk and Morozhenoe” are connect to a character (Ridley Fox) from Russell’s first book, Pandora’s Succession- which I though was fantastic! You don’t have to have read Pandora’s Succession to understand these two short stories, they are perfect on their own and are fast paced, suspenseful

and they were great short stories. The second short story in the collection, “To the Last Bite” was probably my favorite of the three. It too is suspenseful it sucked me right into the plot.

Together these three short stories took me about an hour total to read. This is the first time I’ve actually read any short stories (besides a children’s book) and it was nice to sit down a read a story in a short amount of time, unlike a novel. I’d recommend these to anyone who likes fast-paced action, suspense, and getting revenge in an unusual way!

As always, I look forward to reading more works from Russell Brooks!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unsavory Delicacies.