Jill's Reviews > Heartache Falls

3820197
Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read in April, 2011

With all of her children grown up and leaving home, Ali Timberlake is feeling empty, both within herself and in her marriage. She's 43 years old, been married for over 20 years and she's given up her own dreams to put her family first. In Eternity Springs she's hoping to find some lost part of herself. Judge Mackenzie Timberlake is at the top of his career but with his marriage in freefall, he's wondering what it's going to take to get Ali back.

Another really good story as Mac and Ali work through their problems. And Mac has to face up to a past he has tried to hide. Overall this is a really charming and delightful series, as couples find each other and help build this small community. And we get a glimpse of the next installment with Sarah who will get her happily-ever-after when she wins a holiday Down Under.

But I'm left with two burning questions.
Who really is Celeste Blessing?
And who knew that a 44 year-old judge could be so hot?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartache Falls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Ah, the beauty in having a Kindle! ^_^

message 2: by Jill (last edited Apr 26, 2011 12:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Jayne, you absolutely must get one!
Or, you can simply get the free application from Amazon for your pc.

I'm going to try and get two books read this evening.
This is my second.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Jill wrote: "Jayne, you absolutely must get one!
Or, you can simply get the free application from Amazon for your pc.

I'm going to try and get two books read this evening.
This is my second."

Reading on my laptop is so cumbersome. I like to lie down when I read. ^_^

Wow, 2 books in one day? You must read super fast, Jill! I don't think I've ever read 2 books in a day.

Maldivianbookreviewer Wow Jill! As Jayne said you must read at supersonic speeds. With me, if I read too much in a day, I get weird dreams when I sleep. LOL!

Jill @ Jayne & Mbr
I do read fairly fast. But I think that comes with experience, as I read ALL the time. I do know if I don't read for a while (if I've been sick, or work's too busy, whatever) my pace slows down initially when I get back to reading.

And I know I dream Mbr - we all do - but I sleep solid and don't wake up till morning. So I have no idea what I dream!

Maldivianbookreviewer Jill: For me its the opposite. Too much reading can give me migraines. And then I get very restless sleep at night. LOL! Don't know when this started happening because previously I can read even 3 books a day *sigh*

Jill Mbr, that is too bad. I know you've mentioned before about migraines. And wow, 3 books a day? Please tell me you weren't working as well as reading. When Jayne reads that she won't be so surprised at my 2 books a day!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* The most I've read is 1 book a day. :-( I spend way too much time visualising when I read, I think, so it slows me down. *sighs* I think I need to learn ro read faster!

Even though the people around me think I read a lot of books, since they see me reading while waiting for coffee and during my lunchbreak etc. (I carry a book with me everywhere), I don't read anywhere near as many books a year as most of you on here. Though, I spend a lot of my nights and weekends also watching TV shows with my hubby, while also being on GRs. ^_^

MBR, now, just to clarify, are these 3 books Harlequins or full-length novels? I'm feeling quite inadequate right now. LOL

MBR, I hope your migraines haven't been giving you too much grief lately!

Maldivianbookreviewer Jill: I think this migraine issue all started when I started sitting and staring at the computer 8 hours or so a day. *sigh* And no, I wasn't working back then but studying, so had ample enough time for procrastinating ^_^

Jayne: I think mostly Harlequins. But then again sometimes a mix of full length novels and Harlequins as well. Back then I used to read Sidney Sheldon and other thrillers as well, so it wasn't all romance back then. LOL! You don't need to feel inadequate. You have the ability to visualize which I don't. If I did I would be stuck with the book with the hottest hero for eons to come I suppose! ^_~

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Maldivianbookreviewer wrote: "You don't need to feel inadequate. You have the ability to visualize which I don't. If I did I would be stuck with the book with the hottest hero for eons to come I suppose! ^_~"

Yes, that's my problem! Too much visualising and drooling! LOL

BTW, I love Sydney Sheldon!

Maldivianbookreviewer LOL! Your "too much" visualizing is good for the rest of us because you come up with the most drool inducing pics for your reviews!! ^_^

message 12: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Apr 27, 2011 04:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Jill. I'm excited to meet the sexy 44 year old judge! And Sarah will go for a trip Down Under? Woot! ^_^ Do we know when Sarah's book is due out?

Jill wrote:"Who really is Celeste Blessing?
And who knew that a 44 year-old judge could be so hot?"

I know. Celeste is so mysterious and seems to know a lot and have just the right touch. She's like Eternity Springs very own angel!

And the second question? Two thumbs up!! ^_^

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Maldivianbookreviewer wrote: "LOL! Your "too much" visualizing is good for the rest of us because you come up with the most drool inducing pics for your reviews!! ^_^"

Yes, that's my master plan. If I must drool so must the rest of you! Muahahaha! ^_~

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah LOL on the 44 year old judge. Yes, Jill, some of us 40+ people can actually be sexy!

message 15: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill @ Mia
Thanks.

@ Jayne
I think Celeste must be an angel. There was a reference to something like that towards the end of this book. Plus her name - Celeste = heavenly and Blessing , well that's self-explanatory.

@ Hannah
LOL. Oh I know 40+ can still be sexy. Just not often the main male character in a romance novel is 40+. And sexy. And hot. And I'm still thinking about him!

message 16: by Misfit (new)

Misfit I agree with Hannah. I swear the youngin's think anyone over 40 is a dried up old prune.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Jill wrote: "@ Jayne
I think Celeste must be an angel. There was a reference to something like that towards the end of this book. Plus her name - Celeste = heavenly and Blessing , well that's self-explanatory"

I agree. I thought that about her and her name when I was reading Hummingbird Lake.

message 18: by Jill (last edited Apr 27, 2011 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Jayne have you got your copy yet?

And I doubt if Emily March will be putting out any more Eternity Springs this year. I wish she would. I want to hear Sarah's story. The first chapter is at the end of Heartache Falls.

@ Misfit
I really really think that 40+ is still sexy. Honestly.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Jill wrote: "Jayne have you got your copy yet?

And I doubt if Emily March will be putting out any more Eternity Springs this year. I wish she would. I want to hear Sarah's story. The first chapter is at the end."

No, not yet, Jill. Still waiting. I think it'll be sometime next week.

I heard from someone...can't remember who now...that apparently the Virgin River books are released 3 per year. So maybe this series will be, too? Did it say what the name of Sarah's book will be in the excerpt? There's nothing on Emily March's website about it.

And yes, 40+ is still good looking and sexy! Look at Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Josh Holloway, Gerard Butler, John Stamos... C'mon, youngins! But I agree. I think for those in their early 20s, these men are closer to their dad's age. LOL And the older I get, the younger 20 looks.

message 20: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill @ Jayne
That was me who told you about the VR books being released 3 at a time. That's why I think that this will be all for now of Eternity Springs.

The name of Sarah's book is Lover's Leap.(view spoiler)

message 21: by Hannah (last edited Apr 27, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

Hannah It's great that some writer's are making sexy older heros (and heroines).

All God's chillens need some lovin', that's what I'm sayin'!
;D

message 22: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill @ Hannah
LOL! You really need to get Sisters of Sorrow out of your system!

message 23: by Hannah (last edited Apr 27, 2011 02:51PM) (new)

Hannah Jill wrote: "@ Hannah
LOL! You really need to get Sisters of Sorrow out of your system!"

haha! I wondered if any of you guys would pick up on my newly discovered "bad southern accent" speak! Well done, Jill :D

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay Nice review, Jill!

message 25: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars