Katie's Reviews > Theater Geek: The Real Life Drama of a Summer at Stagedoor Manor, the Famous Performing Arts Camp

Theater Geek by Mickey Rapkin

Jul 17, 11

Read from July 10 to 17, 2011

I would have given this 4.5 stars, because I could have used a little more story as opposed to the recurring research tone it took on sometimes, but other than that, this book made me depressed/hopeful/jealous/at home all at the same time on almost every page. I'm depressed that I didn't know this existed when I was in highschool and could have had the chance to go, because I know I would have adored it at Stagemanor. I was hopeful because of reading about all the hard work all the kids put in and it made me feel that maybe I do have a chance. I was jealous because so many Stagedoor alums have had so much success and I will never get to be a part of the Stagedoor Mafia. And I felt at home, because there is such a camaraderie between theatre kids and it's all so familiar and comforting and different stories gave me goosebumps just from reading them because I knew exactly how they felt. I will keep this in the back of my head so that when I have kids I'll be able to send them here....I should probably start saving now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Theater Geek.