Cassie's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Apr 25, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, books-i-own, read-in-2011, cover-love, reviewed-on-blog
Read from April 20 to 24, 2011

I was excited to read this book. I had loved the last 3 in the series and fully expected to love this one as well.

However, it simply was not to be. From about the first 3 chapters in I realized I just couldnt get back into this world like I had in the last 3 books. I still love Clary and Jace. I think that are wonderful characters and they are an amazing couple who obviously love each other very much. But the simple fact that yet again their love life is in extreme danger yet again, just irritates me to the extreme. I understand that for the most part Clary and Jace are the main characters and thusly they are the ones that are attacked the most, but after 3 books I was simply hoping that they would finally be able to be happy together again.

I liked the introduction of Jordan, I think he was a great character to add to the stories and the make up of him and Maia was really sweet as well and I hope that that relationship goes good as well.

I think Isabelle and Simon are good together and will eventually make each other happy as well.

However, besides Clary and Jace, I have to say Magnus and Alec are the cutest couple together EVER. They are just so adorable together.

The way Cassandra Clare went back into this world just seemed so dark. I did not feel comfortable completely emerging myself into the world she has created. There were parts where I started to like the book, around the middle when Jordan was revealed however every other part, I found myself forcing to read the book so I could move onto the other series that I really wanted to get to.

I am interested in seeing how Camille and Will will eventually fit into this story. However when the fifth book is released next year, I dont see myself running out to get it and read it right away. It will just be a book that I will have to eventually get to.

Not to mention I absolutely hated the ending of this book. Sebastian should have been left well enough anone and dead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

04/20/2011 page 3
04/21/2011 page 113
27.0% "..... While I dearly love this series, and loved the last 3 books very much as well as Clockwork Angel. I find myself frustrated with this book. For one, for some reason, for the life of me, I can't remember the curse that Clary laid upon Simon at the end of City of Glass. I will have to go back and look at that. But for the most part, I dont like how it seems Clary and Jace's relationship is yet again in danger. =["
04/23/2011 page 184
43.0% "Idk. It just seems like I dont like anything going on in this book. & I cant believe some of the things she has put into it, like what Simon does the first time he drinks human blood. Totally ruins Simon as a character for me."
show 7 hidden updates…