Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*'s Reviews > Hades

Hades by Alexandra Adornetto

Um. I might just have to read this because it sounds so dang ridiculous. When I read the words "tricked into a motorcycle ride to Hell" ... I had a hysterical laughing fit. And I enjoyed writing my ranting review for Halo. So, maybe it's worth it just to read it and ... well ... do what I do to ridiculous books.

*Edit* Okay, the description of the plot is now more detailed. Soooo, they accidentally summon Jake through a seánce? And then he tricks Bethany into taking a motorcycle ride ... ? What? Right now I'm like, picturing Jake popping out of a Ouija board and being like, "HEY BETH, WANNA TAKE A RIDE ON MY MOTORCYCLE IF-YOU-KNOW-WHAT-I-MEAN?" And she's just like, "Ummm. OKAY!" And then, "one night with him" and he'll release her? WHOA. WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? Judging by the picture of her looking almost-naked and with a chain around her ankle in the book trailer, I'm guessing WEIRD SEX GAMES. AWESOME. Oh, and then he tells Xavier that Bethany is dead. New Moon, much? Ack. Well. I'm getting increasingly and weirdly excited to read this. It sounds like a beautiful disaster waiting to happen.
42 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hades.

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I'm probably gonna buy it just cause it'll look nice on my shelf next to Halo...but I doubt i'll ever actually read it lol!

message 2: by Kiki (new) - rated it 1 star

Kiki Oh, Brigid. Brigid, Brigid, Brigid. How eagerly I look forward to your review of Hades. Oh, the want!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Haha! Thanks Ryuk, I eagerly await your review as well! :D

message 4: by Rollie (new)

Rollie I'm told that this book isn't good as it looks. The cover is quite deceiving. :D

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Yes ... Well, the first book had a nice cover. This one I don't like as much. But yeah, first book had a nice cover. The cover was the best part.

Cassandra ^Exactly.

message 7: by Michelle. (new) - added it

Michelle. D. Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

message 8: by Inati (new)

Inati I'm concerned. A motorcycle from Hell? Why? Why not a kidnapping or a brainwashing (If she HAD a brain) that might maybe probably not mixed things up. Bu a motorcycle from hell? And she just GETS ON? Why?!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* That's a good question. I'm wondering how even an airhead like her would be convinced into doing such a thing ... guess I'll have to read it and find out. :P

message 10: by Kiki (new) - rated it 1 star

Kiki Brigid, read this. The universe needs your ranty review.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Okay, I shall. Just need to get through a couple more things first. :P

Blood Beauty Slayer lol, you would think bethany felt the presence of evil when she was asked for a ride to where XAVIER HIT HIS HEAD AND WOULDN'T WAKE UP. Come on people, first of all, her love for Xavier got in the way of clear thinking. Jake was desguised as WESLEY COWAN. HE HAD A MOTORCYCLE THAT WOULD QUICKLY GET THEM TO WHERE "XAVIER WAS HURT". "HEY BETH, WANNA TAKE A RIDE ON MY MOTORCYCLE IF-YOU-KNOW-WHAT-I-MEAN? AND SHE WAS JUST LIKE 'UMMM OKAY!" he did not pop out of the board, he didnt just ask her for a ride, and she didnt simply agree. in the end of the book ( if you paid any attention up to it up to the end) Beth makes a deal with Jake, when Xavier is falling off a cliff due to Jake's anger with Beth and Xavier's love for eachother, to save his life and stay away from him for anything he desired in return. And guess what? HE WASN'T GOING TO RELEASE HER FOR SEX. HE PROMISED (in which he lied about) TO STAY AWAY FROM XAV IN EXCHANGE FOR SEX. GET IT NOW?

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Umm okay. Maybe I didn't make it totally clear, but I did not actually read this book. This review is a joke––hence written in a humorous manner and not to be taken completely seriously. I did not actually believe that's the way things would happen in the book. It was meant to be funny.

Anyway, umm thanks for the clarification I guess ... I'm still not going to read it.