Lady Allison's Reviews > Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: epub, historical-romance, julia-quinn, love-love-love
Read on July 03, 2011

Finished this in just a few hours, I couldn't put it down! Ms. Quinn has absolutely entranced me with her well spun tales of the Bridgerton family, they all are so wonderful but I think Colin & the lovely Penelope have truly found a special place in my bookworm heart.

Colin is such a bright & engaging character, I loved that she made him real by showing us his insecurities. We've all had that guy that we thought was SO GREAT, & we put him on that pedestal where he could do nothing but fall so far down, it was our own damn fault for not seeing him as a human. I loved that Penelope realized how far she'd placed Colin in her years of loving him afar - I also love how she still got the guy & how deep and tangible their love turned out to be.

While I was disappointed with a few taglines being similar, it was easily looked over for the rest of Quinn's eloquent words & witty dialog.

This book was especially exciting because of all the mystery & entrigue that surrounded our dear LADY WHISTLEDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Devoted Readers, she DOES reveal herself! Now, you know you want to read this one ;)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Romancing Mister Bridgerton.

Quotes Lady Allison Liked

Julia Quinn
“Colin decided then and there that the female mind was a strange and incomprehensible organ - one which no man should even attempt to understand. There wasn't a woman alive who could go from point A to B without stopping at C, D, X, and 12 along the way.”

Julia Quinn
“I love you with everything I am, everything I've been, and everything I hope to be. I love you with my past, and I love you for my future. I love you for the children we'll have and for the years we'll have together. I love you for every one of my smiles and even more, for every one of your smiles.”

Julia Quinn
“He murmured her name, tenderly taking her face in his hands. “I love you,” he said, his voice low and fervent. “I love you with everything I am, everything I’ve been, and everything I hope to be.”

“I love you with my past, and I love you for my future.” He bent forward and kissed her, once, softly, on the lips. “I love you for the children we’ll have and for the years we’ll have together. I love you for every one of my smiles, and even more, for every one of your smiles.”
Julia Quinn, Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Duchess Nicole Urg! Every time I read one of your stinkin reviews, it makes me want to start another series! I won't do it this time. I'm finishing what I've started, dang it.

Lady Allison LOL! That's a good thing! (Well, for me at least, hehe) This really is a fantastic series if you like historical romance! I'd never read JQ before, but I've been reading about a book a day! It's wonderful. When you're done with what you're reading, I'll send you these ;)