Christina Williams's Reviews > Chasing Fire

Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts

F 50x66
Apr 20, 2011

I love Nora Roberts. I admit it. I own nearly all her books so it is rare that I'm disappointed. This is no exception. I really enjoyed this one. As usual all her characters, especially the minor ones in this book, are funny and enjoyable and you can hear the dialogue clearly.

One of the things I really love about Nora Roberts is the strength of her female leads. Rowan is a great character, strong with her own set of issues. This was a different style for Nora Roberts but I actually really enjoyed it. I was familiar with the smoke jumpers before I read the book so I liked being thrust into that world. The danger of smoke jumping is something that's intrigued me (not that I'd EVER do it) and I had a great deal of respect for the training and the danger; two elements that are quite clear in the book. I've been in law enforcement for a long time so I found the camaraderie among the jumpers to be pretty true to life. Nobody rags on each other like members of that kind of team.

I also loved Gull. I think he'll rank as one of my favorite male characters. He's attracted by Rowan's strength and doesn't expect her to be a shrinking violet. I really like that. Its a trait Nora Roberts uses to write the male lead in the JD Robb books, another favorite series of mine.

I admit, I figured out who the murderer was in the first quarter of the book. I did find myself hoping that it would be someone who surprised me but oh well. The predictability didn't diminish my enjoyment in the least.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Fire.