Lacey Louwagie's Reviews > The Unfinished Angel

The Unfinished Angel by Sharon Creech

Apr 28, 11

bookshelves: children-s, fantasy
Read from April 20 to 22, 2011

This book has such a strong, unique voice that it should be used in creative writing classes to teach voice. I was impressed by the consistency of the angel's halting English, and the fact that Sharon Creech found the perfect balance between playing with the language and still being able to say everything she needed to say in a way that made sense. The plot is simple and sweet, literary in that it focuses on the "slice of life" of a small group of characters and how they forge connections with one another. I did want the story to go on a little longer, and was disappointed that the questions the angel had about her existence were never answered or even "pointed" in the right direction. But it's a quick, worthwhile read nonetheless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unfinished Angel.

04/20/2011 page 70
40.0% ""Peoples are Strange!" This book could be about nothing and still be totally worth it for the unique angel voice."

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Krystl Louwagie This looks interesting/good.

Lacey Louwagie It is, so far. There's only one copy of it in Plum Creek, though. You can read mine before it goes back if you'd like.

Krystl Louwagie I could check it out myself sometime in the future, too. I guess it depends on how long you have it before it's due.