Pamela Todd's Reviews > The Last Letter from Your Lover

The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes

Apr 21, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011, romance, women-s-fiction
Read in April, 2011

The Last Letter From Your Lover was a tiny bit stifling at first. I struggled to loose myself in it, but only for the first 50 or so pages.

The contrast between modern freedom and the constraints of the 1960's playout heavily in the novel, often the lines blurring. A loose sense of morals and the agonising choice over following your head or your heart the leading themes.

The way the novel is written is entirely fresh and intriguing, swapping from time lines, telling you the story and dropping hints without being obvious about it. The book itself was an amazing read, absolutely breathtaking and tragic and uplifting all at once. I didn't want this book to end - I wanted another five hundred pages waiting for me at the finish line. Sadly, all that was left was my imagination which went into overdrive wondering what happened next.

Jojo Moyes created sympathetic, and at times, frustrating characters and impossible situations. Your heart will ache, your mind boggle and your pulse race within the pages of this amazing book. I urge everyone to read this, and it has become my most recommended read to anyone who will hear me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Letter from Your Lover.