Marg's Reviews > Named of the Dragon

Named of the Dragon by Susanna Kearsley

Apr 22, 11

Read from April 20 to 22, 2011

Another fine read from Susanna Kearsley. Loved the Welsh setting which you don't often see,and this one felt a bit more suspensy than soem of her other books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Named of the Dragon.

message 1: by Jemidar (new) - added it

Jemidar Been trying to track down a copy of this but they seem awfully expensive. So how is it? Is it worth the money? :-).

Marg Too early to tell, but I will definitely let you know once I have started reading it.

Kerry Just started my first Susanna Kearsley today (The Shadowy Horses). I accidentally bought The Rose Garden on my Kindle today as well, so I'm looking forward to both.

Marg I can't wait to read The Rose Garden!

Marg Jemidar wrote: "Been trying to track down a copy of this but they seem awfully expensive. So how is it? Is it worth the money? :-)."

Jemidar, I got mine from the library and it was definitely a good read.

message 6: by Jemidar (new) - added it

Jemidar If it's really good, I'll want to keep it, so the library won't work for me...lol. I can't wait for The Rose garden either!

Marg At the moment I am trying to get hold of Splendour Falls. I can ILL it if I can read Greek, but can't get it in English, and I think it is out of print. Will have to track it down.

message 8: by Jemidar (new) - added it

Jemidar Yes, I'm looking for that one too.

Marg Looks a bit hard to track down and quite expensive!

message 10: by Jemidar (new) - added it

Jemidar I just bit the bullet and bought Named of the Dragon, which is coming from Canada so the shipping added quite a bit to the cost :-(. Think I only need Splendour Falls now. And I'm not supposed to be buying books at the moment...sigh.

message 11: by Marg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marg I know exactly what you mean. Maybe Splendour will be rereleased?

message 12: by Jemidar (new) - added it

Jemidar I hope so. I mean, I just paid $32 (including shipping) for a copy of NotD which is more than I plan on spending for her new release The Rose Garden!

message 13: by Marg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marg You can get reasonably priced copies of The Rose Garden from Book Depository, although still waiting for publication I think.

message 14: by Jemidar (last edited Apr 23, 2011 03:36AM) (new) - added it

Jemidar Yep, I'm going to pre-order mine through them on Wednesday. Only 18 days to go to release date :-).

message 15: by Jemidar (last edited Apr 23, 2011 03:36AM) (new) - added it

Jemidar Meant to say that Amazon UK also has them for about the same price as BD but unfortunately you have to spend GBP25 to get free shipping.