Taylor's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

F_50x66
Apr 22, 11

Recommended for: Everyone

Did anyone else hate this book? So before you start attacking me with hateful comments, let me explain...(Warning, spoilers!)

Of course I didn't hate the book. I really liked certain parts of it. Other parts, however, in my opinion, did not fit Katniss and the rest of the series at all. I absolutely loved all of the action. When you read about Katniss in a fight/war/argument involving weapons, you can picture it in your head. All of the action was amazing!

What was up with the propo commercials though? I mean, really? Katniss is most definitely not an actress. Katniss is a warrior, not some pageant queen to be pampered.

So much death! I was really sad about Cinna, but Finnick? That was ridiculous. Everyone loved Finnick! I'm sure that Suzanne Collins had her reasons though...oh well.

I have always been a "Katniss and Gale" fan. So how do you think the ending made me feel? This is the first book that actually made me cry. That's right, I cried because the ending was NOT the ending I had imagined. Of course, everyone will be willing to argue over whom Katniss should have ended up with, so this is just my opinion. (SHOULD HAVE BEEN GALE!!!) And Katniss and Peeta had kids! What the heck?!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored the entire Hunger Games Trilogy, but I knew that things were going to go wrong as soon as I was halfway through with "Catching Fire." Not that things weren't already messed up...it just had a different feel to it than the first book.

Overall, yes, one of the best series of all time. However, "Mockingjay" was definitely not my favorite by a long shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Taylor Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?"
He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this" -- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -- "distracting?"
I laugh. Boggs looks embarrassed and Finnick looks more like the guy I met at the Quarter Quell”

Suzanne Collins
“Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!”

“I knew you'd kiss me."
"How?" I say. Because I didn't know myself.
"Because I am in pain," He say's. "That's the only way I get your attention.”

Suzanne Collins
“You're not afraid I'll kill you tonight?"
"Like I couldn't take you.”

“What about Gale?"
"He's not a bad kisser either," I say shortly.
"And it was okay with both of us? You kissing the other?" He asks.
"No. It wasn't okay with either of you. But I wasn't asking your permission," I tell him.
Peeta laughs again, coldly, dismissively. "Well, you're a piece of work, aren't you?”

Suzanne Collins
“I must have loved you a lot.”

Suzanne Collins
“If I could grow wings, I could fly. Only people can't grow wings," he say's. "Real or not real?"
"Real," I say. "But people don't need wings to survive."
"Mockingjays do.”

Suzanne Collins
“Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear.”

Suzanne Collins
“I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking.”

Suzanne Collins
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

Suzanne Collins
“Oh, that I do know...Katniss will pick whoever she thinks she can't survive without.”