Faybear's Reviews > Burn Bright

Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres

Apr 23, 11

Read on April 20, 2011

wow what an amazing story!!! it was dark and thrilling... i felt like i was actually in Ixion.... sounds like a real exciting place to be if you have no inhibitions and are looking for a good time... im looking forward to seeing the outcome between Naif/Retra and Lenoir and what happens with the Night Creatures!!! they sound so creepy but yet so fascinating.... (i keep thinking of the movie Pitch black but i know these creatures are more intelligent)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn Bright.

Quotes Faybear Liked

Marianne de Pierres
“Rules? Ixion is supposed to be free of rules, yet it seems as strict as Grave in its own way and more...more dangerous.”

Marianne de Pierres
“Ixion exists as an antidote to the rules and conventions of other places. We believe that indulging in pleasure will make better people. Self-denial and discipline and virtue are all myths invented to control you.”

Marianne de Pierres
“Everyone comes here for pleasure. Even if they think they don't. Embracing it is harder for some and they go mad before they truly accept it. Most of the places they cme from are founded on guilt and rules. The Ripers want us to break away from that - some wish to tear it from us while others are more subtle.”

Marianne de Pierres
“In Ixion music and party are our only beliefs. Darkness is our comfort. We have few rules but they are absolute. Your endocrine systems have been altered by changes to your hypothalamus. You no longer need to sleep or see sunlight.”

04/20/2011 page 12
04/20/2011 page 191
60.0% "really liking this book!!!"