Crystal ♥ RBtWBC's Reviews > Night Reigns

Night Reigns by Dianne Duvall

Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: request-author, book-of-the-month, best-of-2011, genre-paranormal-romance, rating-4-5-stars, length-novel
Read from October 30 to November 02, 2011

4.5 Stars

Dianne Duvall delivers scorching romance, gut-wrenching emotions, and heart-racing danger and suspense in her latest Immortal Guardian’s novel, Night Reigns!

In the first novel, Darkness Dawns, readers were left with the mystery of what exactly Ami was and what part she will play in the series as well as Marcus’s depression over the loss of the woman he loved. When Seth, the leader of the Immortal Guardians, places Ami as Marcus’ second all of our questions are slowly answered.
Not human and not immortal, but something definitely different, Ami can more than take care of herself and watch Marcus Grayden’s back. And though Marcus proves quite a challenge living with, by constantly trying to drive her away, Ami is determined to succeed and be the best second there is. Once Marcus see’s that Ami can hold her own however he starts to respect her abilities and having her by his side in a fight somehow feels right. But can he chance caring for someone again while knowing that one day she will die and leave him? Ami hides a crucial secret though that could change everything in her budding relationship with Marcus. Will she ever be able to fully trust him enough to open up to him, or will it be too late?

Dianne Duvall is, without a doubt, my favorite debut author of 2011 and a rising star in the paranormal genre!

I absolutely loved the first novel in this series, Darkness Dawns, and was absurdly happy to find such consistency in writing with the series in this second novel. Dianne knows how to lure you in and captivate you in this exciting world of action and passion until the very last page! With dark, sexy and intriguing Immortals battling murderous and mysterious vampire villains the action never stopped and together, Marcus and Ami were one kick-ass team! Though Roland and Seth still claim a good portion of my heart Marcus definitely found his way in there with this story; perfectly flawed with a tortured soul - how could you not love this brooding hero? And Ami tops the list of butt-kicking paranormal romance heroine’s, saving the life of our capable hero on more than one occasion. Together these two have a blistering sensuality and are a lasting fit. Dianne has created a riveting story with its creative premises and memorable characters that was a wonderfully satisfying read. The Immortal Guardians are addictive and I can’t wait to read the next in the series! The cast of characters Dianne has brought forth are each incredibly intriguing and I cannot get enough of them; I need more, more, more!
Though Night Reigns has some continuing story lines from the first novel, it is set up well to read as a stand-alone. However I of course would recommend reading the series in order just for the fact that they are both superb reads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Reigns.

10/30/2011 page 1