Kwesi 章英狮's Reviews > The Hobbit

Sep 28, 11

bookshelves: j-r-r-tolkien, 2011, owned
Recommended to Kwesi 章英狮 by: Emir Never
Read from September 25 to 26, 2011

Bilbo Baggins is a normal hobbit, only wanted is a peaceful life and a home loving type. But one day when Gandalf tricked Bilbo to host a party for Thorin and the gang, he was ridiculed and forced to join the team to explore the land within the imagination of Tolkien. Bilbo, the band and the reader met new faces from orcs, eagles, and other mystical creature that fought within stories by stories. Imaginative Tolkien once again made his famous children's book of all time.

If I'm a little bit younger, I may love and treasured this book like the other readers. I heard a lot of praises and one of my friends love Tolkien that he collected most of his works in hardbound, not to mention his Stephen King first edition hardbound copies. So I read it because of him and some of my friends in the other group, and I'm glad I did! It was a fun read and I can feel the songs still tingling on my ear. Come, my jolly hobbit!

What are hobbits or holbytlan (hole-dweller) in Old English anyway? Hobbits are small creature created by Tolkien. They are usually very shy creatures, but are nevertheless capable of great courage and amazing feats under the proper circumstances. For me they are just cute little stuff toy that you want to give to your friend or girlfriend, seriously I fetish them for some reason. For what reason Tolkien created this small creature, he succeed to make them to be loved by humans. To whoever it signify, the hole dwellers will always be those shy type heroes or maybe not.

I enjoyed reading the book. He also use ruin symbols which I'm currently studying because of its power to decode the future, kidding, I mean to tell the future. Somehow, the letters are unique but not quite used in the context itself. It was just introduced through the map and the clue to where the dragon lived. I'm still expecting more from it since they already shoot a movie adaptation and I can't wait to watch it. God, seriously, for 18 years of existence I never tried to watch the Lord of the Rings series but I'll promise to interfere my reading after I read the whole book just to watch it.

The Hobbit was also written in a simple and in friendly way. Although most of you can determine who those characters saying, for me, I find it very difficult to identify them except for Bilbo. I have to back read a little bit and read it again but I never thought that the book put me to sleep and dreamed of A Walk to Remember. I know there is no connection between the said movie and the book but what I want to say is that the book is very magical. It digs the unconscious part of the person not like the books I read for awhile.

If people ask me why I gave this book a four and I really enjoyed it, well, that's because the events happened too fast that I can't feel the whole action and so on. Hey, I don't mean because I read a lot of pocketbooks lately, that's the worst answer you can conclude! But at least, all the time I spent is worth it! I'm interested in reading the other series, but today, I have to play with my new friend, Mr. Hobbit. Tra-la-la-la-la!

Review posted on Old-Fashioned Reader .

Rating: The Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien, 4 Sweets

Challenges:
Book #261 for 2011
36 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hobbit.

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha, thanks again Emir.

jzhunagev Let's talk/fight about this book in the next mini Meet Up.

;)

Kwesi 章英狮 @Emir: If you don't mind, can I plastic cover your book? I don't like to put stain or dirt on your book.

Emir Never Sure, Kwesi. If you don't mind, can I lend you all my books so you can, you know?

Kwesi 章英狮 Ngek, never mind. Kidding.

Rollie hala. ito rin ang copy ko.

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. I borrowed this book from Emir.

Rollie God! The movies were great. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Sorry, I wasn't able to watch the movies because I'm not really a fan of movies except if somebody invited me. Hehe. Sad to say, nobody did.

Rollie Haha. Kawawa ka naman pala.

Kwesi 章英狮 Not really. Haha. In some point, yes.

Rollie Wala ka friends na mahilig manuod?

Kwesi 章英狮 Meron, di lang sila nangiinvite.

Rollie tsk tsk. Kumusta pala kahapon. Natuloy kayo?

Kwesi 章英狮 Nagback-out ako. I'm lazy to go to d'Block yesterday and I'm tired after the FFP's books discussion last Saturday.

message 19: by Rollie (last edited Sep 26, 2011 06:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rollie Haha. Kawawa naman yung mga di mo sinipot. Dinamay mo pa ata si Cary. :D

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. I did not text Cary yesterday because you sent a wrong phone number. Excuse me, it was Sheryl's plan and not mine.

Rollie Ah ganun ba. Buti nalang wrong number yun at baka napatakbo si Cary sa wala. :D

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha, okay.

Emir Never I'm glad I'm a little bit younger. ;)

Louize Emir wrote: "I'm glad I'm a little bit younger. ;)

By the way, The Hobbit's alternative title is, you're right, A Walk to Remember!"

LOL, Emir!

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. Alter ego ng The Hobbit.

jzhunagev Emir wrote: "I'm glad I'm a little bit younger. ;)

Ahahaha! :D

You just this bleak morning all the more brighter for me, my good friend Emir!

jzhunagev

*cough, cough, cough*

Arizel紫 I really like this book! Let's go Tra-la-la-la-la XD XD XD

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. Yeah, next meet-up if you could come, we can go videoke/i!

Arizel紫 Haha can't sing. Might break glasses even the plastic ones

Kwesi 章英狮 LOL! Same here, then let's do the eye to eye videoke/i!

Arizel紫 kelan ba next meet-up?

Kwesi 章英狮 Ay, di ko alam eh. Sa forum ka na lang maglurk, hikhik.

Brandi Hi Kwesi, just read your review. Very interesting. Did you know The Hobbit's coming out in theaters in December?