Shakira's Reviews > The Lust Garden

The Lust Garden by Billy Jolie

F_50x66
Apr 19, 11

Read in July, 2010

It goes without saying, that the title and cover of this book are a bit tantilizing and teased my curiousity. I was definitely intrigued by the blood smeared across the face of a dream. To read "the Lust Garden" is an even greater delight...in more ways than one. The characters are all deeply cut to the core and their lives, as well as the people around them absorb the intensity of their wounds. I was captivated by the beauty and lifestyle of the main character - young starlet, Gianna. She's everything anyone, would want to be or be around but she craved so much more. The people that make it close to her either hate her or they love her. Every chapter uncovers how lonely she is and how not-so-beautiful the glitz of hollywood. -- Her boyfriend is not bright but sexy & quite full of himself; her personal assistant/bestie is not living his life but living hers; other men have trouble meeting her level; her mother is ridiculous & an alcoholic; Gianna has insecure starlets & a journalist searching for ways to destroy her "surface perfect life" and a serial killer who craves her like no one could ever imagine. This girl's life is a whirlwind and I could not stop watching the scenes in my head. Nor could I stop cringing from the insanity that plagued the serial killer. The way that the author, Billy Jolie, describes each character and their situations, places you in a kaleidoscope; unable to stop watching or wondering what would happen next or how the status would unfold. I became so familiar with the entire cast. I felt so much sadness for almost every character (including the psycho killer) and desired a greater outcome for them all. However, in the end, the tragedy hits -- I received the what, why and the how; knowing that it was a possiblity all the while. Yet, I couldn't help thinking about what if it went a different way and that maybe it just will...but then this isn't your happy ending type of story. Put on your big girl panties and be ready to be left in pure shock and looking for answers because this "the Lust Garden" is going to play with your psyche. You may even need some oxygen on standby. I definitely see another book coming and I can't wait. If I were you, I'd be clicking the "buy" button now and adding Mr. Jolie to your list of authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lust Garden.