Kereesa's Reviews > Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 6

Rosario+Vampire by Akihisa Ikeda

Apr 19, 2011

bookshelves: friendship, fairies, manga, manga-english, manga-shonen, paranormal, paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, vampires, were-something, witches-wizards-powers, young-adult, 2011, favorites, own, own-softcovers, own-manga
Read on October 08, 2011 — I own a copy

New friends or should I say stalkers? Fun training time with Inner, (and sexier!) Moka, this sixth volume of the second season of Ikeda's Rosario+Vampire had me giggling the whole time.

I really, really enjoyed this volume of the second season. (I really enjoyed the fifth one too, so I'm glad it's going good so far) There were the usual crazy moments, the *sigh-why-did-I-start-reading-a-manga-aimed-at-teenage-boys* fan service, and the absolutely hilarious moments that got me laughing out loud. I really liked how easy going, light hearted this whole volume was, and just really enjoyed the mix of hilarious stories throughout.

My favorite part, however, was the serious tone the manga got, right near the end, that totally switched the whole volume on its head, and made my heart stop for a moment with the new development. It was maddening, but so well done, and was this great contrast with the hilarious bits you had experienced so much throughout the volume, I couldn't stop myself from being shocked, and kind of scared. For like five minutes afterward, I was still thinking about what I had just happened.

Well played, Ikeda, well played.

The art, as per usually, was fantastic, and the fan service and panty shots, happily, weren't too crazy. I love those fight scenes, I'm a pretty big fan of fight scenes in general I think.

Oh, and I was very glad Gin was still around. Gotta love that perverted werewolf...

All in all, funny, serious, and a perfect mix of all around goodness to remind me why I love this series. 4.5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rosario+Vampire.