Alex's Reviews > Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History

Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne

Apr 19, 11

bookshelves: to-read

Pulitzer nominee. Like the idea, but I'd like to see a review or two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empire of the Summer Moon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Funny enough, this is on my bookshelf waiting to be read...you'll still probably get to it before I do, since I'm struggling my way through 3 books right now

message 2: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Dude, I'm way stalled on Shelley's Last Man. I've been at 48% for like a week. Book is killing me. But cool that you have this! I'd much rather you read it first so you can give me your opinion; I'm somewhat suspicious because I've never heard of it.

How's Lovecraft Unbound? I'm suspicious of that too.

And you're still working on that Walsingham book? Damn. You've been reading that for like six months.

We gotta hang out soon! I went to Ireland! I was unable to find Shankhill Butchers, but I read everything else I planned to. Good trip. You know they almost speak English in Ireland? It's so cute!

message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick yeah...I guess I should update my reading list, huh? Right now reading The information, by James Gleick - boy is that a dense book; Mathropology, which is kind of shite, but with some interesting facts peppered in; and a collection of Conan stories, which are entertaining, but the writing is mediocre at best...

I was just thinking we need to catch up on Ireland over a pint. We just booked flights to Indonesia last night, so there's that too.
We speak the best english in the World mofo!

message 4: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Ha! You're cute too.

Yeah, fuck, update your stupid profile, dork.

Conan the Barbarian or Conan the Other Guy?

Fuckin' Indonesia, huh? You do these things just to make me jealous, don't you? I would like to talk about that. Ah...this weekend's out, but maybe next week?

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick right, I forgot about the other Conan. Conan the Cimmerian.

Next week is tight, since we're taking a long weekend in texas, but the week after that is pretty open for me right now.

I actually spend long periods staring at the map, wondering which trip would make Alex the most jealous...