Maryam's Reviews > The Book of Lost Souls

The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto

May 28, 11

bookshelves: 2011, book-tour, ebooks, received-for-review, reviewed, ya
Read in April, 2011

Also reviewed on the blog:
This book was definitely a pleasant surprise. I knew from the start it would be a great, fun read that would be perfect to sit down with in the sun along with a nice cup of tea!

It definitely wasn’t what I was expecting. I read it entirely in one sitting it was that entertaining. It sort of appeals to the mischievous, high school girl in me.

I loved all of the characters and the way they interacted as friends or otherwise. They developed perfectly throughout the story and were all relatable and realistic. I loved how each of them had a certain characteristic that was pointed out at sometime in the story, it made them that much more three-dimensional as characters and it added to the story somewhat.

What I enjoyed most about this book though is how much of a laugh it really was. There were some really fun and creative ideas strewn throughout that made me smile and some great conversations that made me laugh. There was it’s fair share of serious events though which balanced it out considerably, like the mystery in the plot and the protagonist’s relationship with her father…and her complicated love life!

Speaking of, the plot was fantastic! Really original and it kept me on the edge of my seat at times. A real page-turner.

There were a few twists and turns too which definitely kept me interested and the ending was brilliant. I can’t wait for more from this author in particular.

All in all this read was a perfect mix of drama and humour and is a fun, entertaining read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Lost Souls.