Patsy Gantt's Reviews > The Book of Tomorrow

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

Apr 20, 11

Read from April 17 to 20, 2011

Like so many other reviewers, I reached a point in this book where I literally could not put it down. Teenager Tamara was born into the lap of luxury in Ireland. Private schools, designer clothes, houses on several continents, and personal jets to take herself and friends for one-day shopping trips in Paris, New York, etc. Until her father commits suicide and everything is lost. Tamara and her mother are forced to live with their only living relatives in a small hamlet in Ireland in the gatehouse at the edge of mysterious ruins of Castle Kilsaney. The spoiled Tamara is having a difficult time adjusting to this boring new life until interesting characters and a mysterious diary that writes in itself and tells her details about what will happen TOMORROW!

Thus far a little gem of a book with intrigue, family secrets, and a liberal sprinkling of magic. I'm glad I found this one. This books started off slow for me and I was even wondering if I wanted to finish it. Then it grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Experienced readers will figure out the ending before you get there. But by that time, you are so involved with Tamara and Jennifer that you continue reading just to make sure you truly figured it out.

Fantasy and magic, it is a fun read. This is the first time I've read anything from Cecelia Ahern and I will definitely check out some of her other books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Tomorrow.