Misty's Reviews > Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story

Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon

Aug 08, 2013

bookshelves: folklore-myth-fable-fairy-tall-tale, retelling, sci_fi-fantasy, own, recommended, dark, contemporary, cover-appeal, quirky, read-in-2013, magical-realism, timeslip
Read from January 17 to 20, 2013

4.5
This was much darker than I thought it was going to be.
Review to come. Apparently I never linked up my video review for this one, so:

(click to be taken to it)
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Godmother.

Crystal That was my first Carolyn Turgeon read. Loved it so much, especially that ending.

message 2: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Great review! And your mousies are super adorable :D

Misty Ratties! And thank you! ^_^

message 4: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Oh! Just remembered something I meant to ask you long ago. I love books where the story seems to be going in a certain direction, but then you get the feeling that something is not quite right and that there's more to the whole picture than the author is letting on. Do you get that feeling with Godmother?

Misty Yesssss. Very much that. If you like that, definitely pick this up.

Barb (Boxermommyreads) Misty, I just got notice my library reserve is in. I have been searching for this book since seeing it on your website. Thanks for the recommendation!

Misty Awesome, happy to hear it. Hope you enjoy! =)

message 8: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Misty wrote: "Yesssss. Very much that. If you like that, definitely pick this up."

Thanks! Do you know any other books like this?

Misty Though you always have a looming sense of *something* in this book, I'd recommend Jellicoe Road, if you haven't read it. I'm sure there are more, but that's what's coming to mind at the moment.

message 10: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Misty wrote: "Though you always have a looming sense of *something* in this book, I'd recommend Jellicoe Road, if you haven't read it. I'm sure there are more, but that's what's coming to mind at the moment."

Thanks :)