Katharina's Reviews > Pretty Twisted

Pretty Twisted by Gina Blaxill

May 07, 2011

Read from April 29 to May 07, 2011

"Pretty Twisted" the first novel by Gina Blaxill was something I was waiting for. I might not be the most objective reader for some reasons, but I really liked the book.

There were ups and downs in the story (like in most books) but I enjoyed it 90% of the time.

My favourite characters were Hugh and Emma, who both are just supporting characters. I must admit Jono didn't really grow on me. He was okay and in the end I liked him better, but he seemed to obsessed about Freya... but then boys might be like this. I don't know since I'm no boy.
But I liked Ros. She was cute and in many ways she reminded me of myself when I was young.

The crime-story-arc was good, too. Believable and well created. I liked that Jono and Ros didn't run around catching the bad guy all by themselves but that they actually informed the police. Oh yes, that was something I liked, too: the beginning of the book with the interrogation of Jono. To see where it leads to and how it continues once the point of the beginning was reached, was pretty good.

And I was really surprised about the ending, I wouldn't have imagined it.

A great book and I look forward to more books by Gina Blaxill.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Twisted.