Becca's Reviews > When You Dare

When You Dare by Lori Foster

Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, military-police-romance, netgalley, romance, arc-s
Read from April 21 to 22, 2011

When Dare goes down to Mexico for a rescue mission to retrieve his best friends sister he doesn't expect there to be any complications. But all doesn't go according to plan when he see's another girl there who has been beaten and drugged, he takes her back with him unsure what he is going to do with her. Molly was kidnapped and held hostage for nine days. She doesn't know why she was taken but believes that someone paid the Mexicans to take her. So when she starts to recover she decides to hire Dare to protect her, and to help her figure out who wants her gone.

Dare has rescued many women, being a mercenary he has been hired to do all kinds of jobs. He knows what to expect from traumatized women but Molly is surprising him at every turn. She doesn't react or act like he expects, and he also finds himself drawn to her which has never happened with any of the other women in the past. He agrees to help Molly, though she believes she is paying him for her services he decides to do this because he is becoming emotionally invested in what happens to Molly. Dare never believed that marriage and love were in his future. He lives a hard life and never expected to want that to change at all. But when things start to grow deeper with Molly he starts to see possibilities but all that can be taken away if they don't find out who is hunting Molly and why.

I loved Dare, I thought he was an awesome Alpha-male. He was kind and compassionate and understanding to Molly in her time of need. When everything was crazy for her he was a constant always willing to help but not pushing. He understood what Molly needed and did everything he could to help her. It felt real when he started falling for Molly it was slow and gradual not instant in a cheesy way. He was a real guy and I loved his devotion to "his girls", I thought that was adorable and made me love him even more. Molly was a great female lead. Though I was surprised at how well she was able to compartmentalize what happened to her and look towards the future, too me that felt a little unrealistic. She had her vulnerable moments but I felt like she should have had a least one big meltdown of why me?! Overall it was a real entertaining story. I picked out who I thought would be responsible for all of the bad fortune to come Molly's way, right away it was still cool to see it unfold and the reasoning behind Molly's danger.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Dare.

04/21/2011 page 74