Leiah's Reviews > Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels

Apr 26, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: library-book, nook
Read from April 18 to 26, 2011

This book reminded me of "Skinny Bitch" in that it's sort of a Cause in disguise. "Skinny Bitch" looks on first glance to be about getting skinny - and it is - but it's more about Veganism. "Master Your Metabolism" sounds like it's going to be about secrets to burning off tons of fat, but it's secretly about the importance of buying Organic foods.

Jillian had some good advice - about environmental toxins and the benefits of buying organic foods & supporting local farmers. And I'm glad she was willing to put her face on the front cover in order to sell more books to more people who need to hear about these important issues.

But blah - I wanted to read more JILLIAN and this whole book (besides the very beginning) read like a research paper or a scientific study. It was just lists and lists of good stuff, bad stuff, scary stuff, and a million hormone names, vitamins/minerals, toxins, poisons, etc. Quite dry.

Jillian is a lot more exciting on TV, and that's okay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Your Metabolism.

04/18/2011 page 73
27.0% "I feel kind of silly reading this book. But I like Jillian & I'll see what she has to say..."