Kellee's Reviews > The Secret of Indigo Moon

The Secret of Indigo Moon by G.P. Taylor

1919931
Apr 18, 2011

bookshelves: graphic-novel, mystery, middle-grade, netgalley, adventure, amazon-review-done
Recommended to Kellee by: Provided by NetGalley for review
Read in July, 2011

In the sequel to The First Escape, I felt that G.P. Taylor put together a wonderful story that was a mixture of a Hardy Boy-esque mystery and Eleanor Updale's Montmorency adventures. Just like in the first book, the story starts with Erik and the twins at the orphanage; however, this book picks up pace much more quickly than the first one with the book starting with Erik noticing burglars in a secret passage. Thus starts another adventure and mystery with the Dopples & Ganger.

Once again the book is a mixture of comics, prose and illustrations. I noticed in this one how much the size and font of words shows the tone, even during the prose. I had the same problems with the comics as last time, but this time I noticed that the girls also look MUCH older in some of their close ups.

Favorite parts: An Icarus allusion & Erik's brain being illustrated as a library

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Indigo Moon.