TheBookAddictedGirl's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Apr 18, 11

bookshelves: amazing-worlds, dark-romance, fantasy, favourite-series, magic, paranormal, read-2011, urban-fantasy, ya
Recommended for: Everyone Who Loves Powerful Characters, Urban Fantasy, Magic, And Dark Romance Novels
Read from January 17 to 20, 2011, read count: Once, But I Want To Read It Again

The second in the supernatural trilogy that is fast becoming one of my favourite series ever, this book definitely didn’t let the first down. It was even better. With even more action, supernaturals and suspense, it was next to impossible to put down, and left me desperate for more.

In this book, the gang’s on the run from evil scientists, facing danger, death and zombie bats. Their main goal is to find Derek and Simon’s dad, a sorcerer who went missing, and who they expect to have been taken by the Edison Group. And while they’re running for their lives, they’re also facing what they are and who they’ve become. With more than a few slipups.

Chloe was brilliant in this book, too, and I love the way she thinks when she’s scared: she sees everything like a movie. And for almost every major scene, she has a movie from her metal archive to compare it to.

Derek, Simon and Tori are back with Chloe, having also escaped. Simon was sweet as ever, and the more I learnt, the more I liked him. Derek was kind of grouchy in the first book, but he really comes into his own in this one, and you get to see even more of his softer side. Although, he still has a bit of a short temper. And finally, Tori, who is still more than a little moody, but bearable and (increasingly) likeable.

New minor characters are introduced, and ones from the previous book are bought back, along with a whole range of thrilling problems that left me desperate for more. I can’t wait to get the next one, and I definitely recommend this to a reader who wants action, romance and horror all rolled into one (far too short) book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.