Luann's Reviews > One Corpse Too Many

One Corpse Too Many by Ellis Peters

Jun 02, 11

bookshelves: mystery, 2011, adult
Read from May 28 to 29, 2011

If I didn't know after reading the first Brother Cadfael, A Morbid Taste for Bones, that I wanted to read ALL of the Brother Cadfael books, I definitely know it now after reading book two! Brother Cadfael is such a smart, interesting, capable, and overall cool character! He is exactly what I look for in a mystery protagonist. And, as in book one, I loved the cast of characters surrounding Brother Cadfael as well.

Ellis Peters does a wonderful job of building the medieval world her characters live in without slowing down the story with too many details. The mystery itself was good, although the solution wasn't a huge surprise. Mostly I just enjoyed spending time with these characters. I look forward to reading book three, Monk's Hood, sometime in the near future!

One thing that did bug me a little is that the cover picture of the edition I read doesn't match the details in the story. But overall that is a minor thing and doesn't keep me from wanting to read more in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Corpse Too Many.

05/28/2011 page 1