Jamie's Reviews > Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions

Max on Life by Max Lucado

Apr 18, 11

Read from April 17 to 18, 2011

This book is filled with questions Lucado has received over the years, on a number of broad topics, and him answering them. The topics included are Hope (God, Grace, and "Why am I here?"), Hurt (Conflicts, Calamaties, and "Why me?"), Help (Prayer, Scripture, and "Why church?"), Him/Her (Sex, Romance, and "Any chance of a second chance?"), Home (Diapers, Disagreements, and "Any hope for prodigals?"), Haves/Have-Nots (Work, Money, and "Where's the lifeline?"), and Hereafter (Cemeteries, Heaven, Hell, and "Who goes where?"). Each answer is about a page in length.

I thought Lucado's answers were incredible! I found myself saying 'Wow!' out loud numerous times and dog-earring many pages. He answers all questions while teaching Biblical truths, he is compassionate in his answers, and adds some humour too. A very apparent theme is hope. While he chastises sin, he always ends his answer with encouragement of God's love and the hope we have in Christ. I learned new ways to look at things and had many of my own questions answered. As well, some of my currently held beliefs were confirmed in his writing. I particularly liked his answers on prayer, as this is dear to me and I struggle with a consistent prayer life. But even the topics that don't pertain to my life were interesting to read and provided ideas on how to help others with these particular questions.

I did find a few answers that never got to the crux of the issue, but still, Lucado leads the reader to seek God, and in these cases he has generalized, out of necessity, to incorporate more than just a very specific question.

This is a fantastic book for people in all walks of life. Despite the heavy content, it is a quick easy read, and I know I will be reading it multiple times, and even going back to look at things here and there as they arise. The entire book is filled with encouragement and answers to many difficult but common questions.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from booksneeze.com to review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Max on Life.