Theresa's Reviews > Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions

Max on Life by Max Lucado

Apr 18, 11

Read in April, 2011

In "Max on Life", Max Lucado gives us biblical based insights into the most asked questions he has received over the years. He tackles the difficult questions and provides practical, down-to-earth, to the point answers, liberally referenced to the scriptures, so you can easily find the relevant passages to help you dig deeper into the answers he provides.

Many of the 172 questions are ones that most Christians (and non-Christians alike) have probably asked, or wanted to ask. Organized into seven sections, titled: Hope, Hurt, Help, Him/Her, Home, Haves/Have Nots, and the Hereafter, as well as a topical and a scriptural index, this book makes finding the answers easy.

A portion of one of my favorite answers given in the book, to the question of whether or not it is helpful or hurtful to say to people in times of trouble: All things work together for good:

God works. Paul's word for this is sunergeo. The verb is the great-great-great-grandfather of the contemporary term synergy. Paul is saying that God can make all things sunergeo for the good. God is active and creative, blending the paprika with the parsley, the faith with the failings, the triumphs with the tears, and the strides with the stumbles. Individually the ingredients may repel. But together they appeal.

Having never read anything written by Mr. Lucado, I was pleasantly surprised to read such colorful, descriptive, informative, and readable answers to so many difficult questions. I can see myself turning to this handy little book time and again, as I grow and mature in my Christian faith. This could easily be used to help as a topical bible study tool or as a devotional.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Max on Life.