Praj's Reviews > Beyond Eden

Beyond Eden by Kele Moon

Apr 18, 11

bookshelves: bdsm-erotica
Read in April, 2011

Frankly, my initial crafted review was to be(view spoiler), coupled with some “knee-jerk” opinions bringing conscious giggles along the way. What could a plot assembled on the sinister demeanors of the sanctified ‘Garden of Eden’ bring to the table? All I looked forward to when I picked it for my read were maybe a couple of “fig leaves” dreams, the eternal devilish serpent traits (which by the way I thought were pretty sexy during my ‘religion’ credits at school) and then some inferential romantic endeavors. O Boy! How ignorant was I?

This book was astonishingly a pleasant package. Like a gift you never expected yet always craved for. Eve returns home after an exploratory decade in New York only to find that her two high school friends, one of whom she was in love with were now roommates and had just invited her for a modest friendly dinner. Apprehensive about her dormant feelings for Paul might gush out Eve chooses to focus on Danny who she now finds irresistible. How naïve was Eve for thinking that Paul and Danny were just two old friends sharing a house and oblivious of the fact that in due course she would be a part of a stimulating ménage a trois.

Kele Moon does a fabulous job elucidating the intricacies of a BDSM trio enhancing on the m/m/f erotica with raw sexuality and arousing vulnerabilities. One can observe the poise and merit in Moon’s writings when Eve gets clarifications on distinguishing terminologies like “vanilla” and “strawberry” in a BDSM repertoire or the part where Danny is the Achilles' heel as far as Paul’s personal gratifications are concerned and many more such instances. The relation between Paul-Danny and Danny-Eve is justified through each of their Master/Slave bond strongly, even after they meet Circe, another Domme. At first, Danny comes across as an aggressive, flamboyant Domme who not only has a knack for identifying a “top” /”bottom” qualities but also despises the idea of Paul getting married to Trisha fearing the prospect of Paul moving out and losing on a faithful submissive. However, after his numerous resourceful sexual trysts with Eve and the revealing of Paul to be more than just a platonic roommate or an austere submissive, delineates the humane side of Danny. I suppose Danny with his charismatic sensuality is the only character I immensely liked throughout the relating. Eve, on the other hand seems to be puzzled with her hidden vulnerabilities and her foul-mouthed audacious exterior persona. As for Paul, he seems like a man sandwiched between the obligatory mask of a “boy scout” and the fervor of freeing his sexual claustrophobia. The sexual role-plays are eloquently written encompassing all elements of sinister voyeurism, sizzling orgies and exposed covetousness without making you squirm in anyway. That said, the book is more than just kinky sex and bondage acts with sentiments running wild and lingering feelings hoping there would be a happy ending after all. It is a clear-cut romance in the midst of a pleasurably wicked twist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Eden.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megha (new)

Megha You had to take religion credits in school? Was that in India?

Praj I was schooled in a convent.Although it was just for a year, i remember writing a paper on it at the end of the term. Otherwise,those irksome "moral science" classes were mandatory. I even had a pocket Bible as far the occasional visits to the parish were concerned.

message 3: by Megha (new)

Megha Ah, convent school. That makes sense.

I have heard of some schools that have mandatory moral education. Thankfully our school had no such classes.