Maja (The Nocturnal Library)'s Reviews > Doubleblind

Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre

This is an incredible addition to the series, probably the best one yet. Even though I loved the action in Wanderlust, the relationship angst really bothered me. That's why I waited a month or so before daring to read Doubleblind. I'm happy to say that it brings a nice equilibrium to everything that's been grating on my nerves. In Grimspace, and especially in Wanderlust, March seemed to suffer from multiple personality disorder. He was a perfect lover, Jax's punching bag/doormat and Universal Soldier, all at once. In Doubleblind he struggles to regain his humanity, but I have a feeling things will be more balanced in the future.

I only cry and beg when Jax is arround. Right now, I'm a killing machine, so let's go annihilate the rival clan!!

Jax is a whole different person this time. She has become this incredible, mature and brave woman. I kind of hated her before, but now she's finally the heroine we want and deserve. She's far from perfect, but at least I don't hate her and/or yell at her on every other page. She finally appreciates March and everything he's done for her. She's not the selfish, spoiled brat she used to be. She actually reminds me a lot of Aguirre's other heroine, Corine Solomon.

However, neither of them is my favorite character – that is most definitely Vel. I have some pretty amazing friends, but I really wish I had a friend like him. And yes, I would totally hug him, at least twice a day.

Aguirre really is my favorite author these days. I love everything about the way she builds a story. Her writing is impecable, and she has this incredible way of changing the pace so suddenly you find yourself going back a few sentences just to be sure you're not reading it wrong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doubleblind.

Quotes Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Liked

Ann Aguirre
“I'll always want him. Until every sun goes dark in every sky, until I am nothing more than long-forgotten cosmic dust, I will want him. And even then I suspect my particles will long for his.”
Ann Aguirre, Doubleblind

Ann Aguirre
“People stay together and stay true only as long as they both want to. And all the promises in the world don’t change the length of time. Nothing comes with a guarantee.”
Ann Aguirre, Doubleblind

04/22/2011
10.0% "Oh, my sweet Ann, how I missed you! Those other people just don't know how to write a good story!" 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya I love it when you write reviews! I wish you'd write more... maybe around 3 a day? Yes, that would be perfect, thank you! ;-)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Oh, come on! This is my 'it's Easter, I've eaten way too much and my brain doesnt' funcion' review. :-P

Did I mention how much I hate holidays?!

Btw, I think I can manage three a day, if you insist!

message 3: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya I insist!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Lol, what would I do without you? I wish I could kiss you right now.

Ooops, I think all the sugar is making me emotional. ;)

Rose oh Maja, thank you for leading me to this series. and thank you again for putting a face to March... it's been driving me nuts trying to piece together an image for him...