Jamie's Reviews > Karma & Melodies

Karma & Melodies by Katie Salidas

Apr 18, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own, adult, e-books, kindle, review-copy, review-copy-from-author-publisher, immortals, paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, vampires
Read from December 02 to 06, 2011

Karma & Melodies is a short but sweet vampire read. This is different from the usual hot guy vampire who meets the human girl. This time it's the girl vampire who meets the hot human guy.

Kendra has been a vampire for ten years and has finally escaped Hector, her evil vampire creator. Before she was turned she spent time reciting poetry and listing to her favorite band. Kendra has always wondered what would have become of her and the lead singer Marcus if they would have gotten a chance to talk before Hector turned her. One night after going to one of their concerts she is hit by Marcus's car. Kendra drinks from Marcus and creates a blood bond with him. After being convinced by his band mates to go on tour with them Kendra and Marcus get their chance at love. Until Hector shows up.

The story flowed really well and once I started reading I didn't want to stop. I loved all the characters with their distinct personalities. Romance, suspense and some action added more to this fabulous vampire read. There was not much background information with this being a novella. This didn't bother me though because the plot was interesting and fun to read. I was happy with how it ended, just wished the book was longer. I didn't want to stop reading it. If you love vampires and romance I recommend you read this.

I received this e-book for review from the author. This did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Karma & Melodies.