Eric's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

May 05, 11

bookshelves: vampires, fae, urban-fantasy, down-south, adult-fiction, shifters, werewolves, fantasy
Read from May 03 to 05, 2011

I'm not going to say to much but I'm so glad for the direction in this book. The last couple have been so much about the popularity of the series and not much of the substance (well you know..) that made it what it was. Speaking of making it what it was (is?) a real treat is in the audiobook if you can just get a sampling of the moment on the porch with with swing.. Jesus I was at work and I could not contain myself. My only complaint is again Hunter is here only as an after thought, he at least seems to get a chapter this time around but if you took the chapter out you wouldn't miss anything and it serves no purpose - this can't go on for much longer at some point something needs to happen. She does seem to have a lot of characters (many making the usual cameos at the right moments and then leaving as quickly has they came) that she is still fleshing out and at times I think even she realizes she's making jokes about it (the full house for example) but at the end of the day I enjoyed the book. Hopefully when Sookie's story is finished maybe we'll finally get to hear what life is like for the many (stress on that) other sups in the neighborhood.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

05/04/2011 page 1
0.0% "Dead reckoning (DR) is the process of estimating one's current position based upon a previously determined position, or fix, and advancing that position based upon known or estimated speeds over elapsed time, and course. While traditional methods of dead reckoning are no longer considered primary means of navigation, modern inertial navigation systems, which also depend upon dead reckoning, are very widely used."
05/04/2011 page 1
0.0% "hello my lover :-)"
05/05/2011 page 1
0.0% "There is so many things I'd love to talk about this book with. I love it. It's just like they used to be."
05/05/2011 page 1
0.0% ""All God’s children are sinners." ... no reference cause you know me and spoilers :-)"
05/05/2011 page 1
0.0% ""He was a drain on all of us, sucking the will and force from us with the depth of his need.""
05/05/2011 page 1
0.0% ""I will not have sex with a man who pities me. I will not live with a man who doesn‘t want me. I‘m worth more than that. I‘ll stop loving you if it takes me the rest of my existence." Damn. I wish (I'd switch the gender you know) I could say that when the time came with the people I.... well you know.(seriously last quote...)"
0.0% "i miss bubba"