Laurie's Reviews > Soul Bound

Soul Bound by Luxie Ryder

May 14, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, fantasy, fiction, paranormal, romance
Read in April, 2011 — I own a copy

Jessica Hammond is a Seattle police officer who should be dead. How is it possible the bullets missed? Her superiors believe her mental faculties have been impaired and force her to take time off to recover from the traumatic event. She finds herself in Las Vegas.

Performing an on-stage magical extravaganza in Las Vegas is Jessica’s high school crush. Nathan Cain walked away from her inexplicably all those long years ago. Yet, here he is more enticing than ever. It was his velvety voice that had whispered to her the night the bullets failed to strike her vulnerable flesh.

Jessica never realized that Nathan reciprocated her love back in high school, so when she finds herself singled out from the rapt audience, she is pulled helplessly to his side then into his arms. This time, Nathan can not delay the inevitable and Jessica is swept up in a ritual of magic and destiny.

Filled with mystery, romance and magic, this is a tightly constructed story that was a swift read. There was superb chemistry between the leading couple and I thought their conversations seemed natural. I was captivated by the course of events as they unfolded. I enjoyed this short tale and was surprised by the twists.

Laurie
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Bound.