Jennifer's Reviews > Faefever

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Apr 19, 2011

bookshelves: faery, urban-fantasy
Read from April 17 to 19, 2011

I am giving this 4 stars in spite of the ending that I really don't like... because it's true that Moning has done a great job of creating a delicious, suspenseful series with so many great elements, and I have faith that ultimately she is headed somewhere a little brighter than where we've been left at the end of book 3.

In this book #3 of the Fever series we learn more about pretty much every character and subplot, but we really don't learn very much. Mac is becoming more and more likable and saucy, so it's all the more agonizing what happens to her at the end of this book. Her relationship with Barrons is fantastic. She doesn't trust him... but she's drawn to him. He forces her away every time she gets close. He tells her nothing about who or what he is. And yet Moning has given them so many moments, has drawn him as a character capable of human emotion and interaction, with a real history, in spite of how aloof and dark he wants to seem. So I was having great hopes for this relationship... and I might still see a future there somewhere. But right now, it's feeling pretty bleak.

Thought I would review immediately after reading. I have the next book and plan to pick it up pretty much right now, to confirm for myself that something better is in store for Mac. This book definitely continued in the vein of the first two - these are really impossible to put down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faefever.

04/19/2011 page 317