Riviera's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Apr 17, 11

bookshelves: read-between-teen-and-2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

Quotes Riviera Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You smell good, too,” said Patch

It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”

Naked. I know the drill.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I'm not good," he said, piercing me with eyes that absorbed all light but reflected none, "but I was worse.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“She'll kill me if she finds you in here. Can you climb trees? Tell me you can climb a tree!"
Patch grinned, "I can fly.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“The more time I spent with him, the more I knew the feelings weren't going away.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You possess other people's...bodies."

He accepted that statement with a nod.

"Do you want to possess my body?"

"I want to do a lot of things to your body, but that's not one of them.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You're a guardian angel now." I was still too much in awe to wrap my mind around it, but at the same time I felt amazement, curiosity...happiness.

"I'm your guardian angel," he said.

"I get my very own guardian angel? What, exactly, is your job description?"

"Guard your body." His smile tipped higher. "I take my job seriously, which means I'm going to need to get acquainted with the subject matter on a personal level.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“What good is a body if I can't have you?”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?"
Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. "Because I feel it here, in my heart," he said quietly.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Coach: "All right, Patch. let's say you're at a party. the room is full of girls of all shapes and sizes. You see blondes, brunettes, redheads, a few girl with black hair. Some are talkive, while other appear shy. You've one girl who fits your profile - attractive, intelligent and vulnerable. Dow do you let her know you're interested?"

Patch: "Single her out. Talk to her."

Coach: "Good. Now for the big question - how do you know if she's game or if she wants you to move on?"

Patch: "I study her. I figure out what she's thinking and feeling. She's not gonig to come right out and tell me, which is why i have to pay attention. Does she turn her body toward mine? Does she hold me eyes, then look away? Does she bite her lip and play with her hair, the way Nora is doing right now?”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“It isn't about love," Vee said. "It's about fun.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You should go," I breathed. "You should definitely go."

"Go here?" His mouth was on my shoulder. "Or here?" It moved up my neck.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Before I forget, here's your homework. Where do you want me to put it?"
She pointed at the trash can. "Right there would be fine.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“For the first time all day I felt safe.

Except that Patch had cornered me in a dark tunnel and was possibly stalking me. Maybe not so safe.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“He grinned when I didn't protest, and lowered his mouth toward mine. The first touch was just that - a touch. A teasing, tempting softness. I licked my lips and Patch's grin deepened.
"More?" he asked.
I curled my hands into his hair, pulling him closer. "More.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Is everything a joke to you?” I asked.
He dabbed his tongue to his lip again. “Not everything.”
“Like what?”
“You.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“He was the worst kind of wrong. He was so wrong it felt right, and that made me feel completely out of control.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I looked to the window. Patch was gone, but a single black feather was pressed to the outer pane, held in place by last night's rain. Or Angel Magic”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Boys like girls who look like...girls.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Let’s be honest, Nora. You’ve got it bad for me." His eyes held a lot of depth. "And I’ve got it bad for you.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Thinking. A process by which I use my brain to make a rational decision.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Because I thought I was in love. And when you think you're in love, you are willing to stick it out and make it work until it is love.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Patch wasn't the kind of guy mothers smiled on. He was the kind of guy they changed the house locks for.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“It was a smile that spelled trouble. With a promise.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“The Archangel." I murmured. looking back over my shoulder at the ride, which had started its next ascent.

"It means high-ranking angel." There was a definite smugness to his voice. "The higher up, the harder the fall.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“When it comes to reflexes, I'm like a cat. I'm Catwoman. I'm invulnerable. The only reason he got a piece of me is because of the rain. Cats don't like water. It impairs us. It's our kryptonite.”

“Tacos."
"Tacos?" I echoed.
This seemed to amuse him. "Tomatoes, lettuce, cheese."
"I know what a taco is!”